Important Information for TEDxGuelphU Building Bridges 2015
Date and Time
February 7th, 2015 from 10:30 am - 5:00 pm. Please arrive between 9:30am and 10:00am so you can register and get to know everyone before the talks start. The event will officially run from 10:30am to 4:00pm, with our social gala after party to follow until 5:00pm.
Don't fret! We will be providing lunch and snacks during the breaks between the talks, as well as all the coffee, tea and water you can drink! There will also be some snacks at the gala starting at approximately 4:00pm.
Hungry after the event? Who Gives a Schnitz has got your back!
Visit 27 Macdonell Street (Downtown Guelph) to receive 20% off anything on their menu.
You must show your TEDx name tag to receive the discount.
Offer valid until 3:00AM on February 8th.
Use the hashtag #igiveaschnitz after your meal and let them know how it was!
Insta: Who Gives A Schnitz
***Note: if you are paying cash on the day and therefore didn't register online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know if you have any dietary requirements.
Must-read tips from your friendly TEDxGuelphU team
- The dress code for the day will be business casual.
- Save a cup and bring a reusable water bottle!
- Don't forget a pen and note pad so you can take notes and write down your questions during the talks. This will come in handy during our Q/A with the speakers!
- Lakeside Hope House has seating that is made of fairly hard wood. If you think you're going to be uncomfortable, bring a cushion or let us know beforehand and we can provide one for you.
- Don't forget to tweet during the event using the hashtags #TEDxGuelphU and #BuildingBridges
- Coat check will be provided free of charge.
Getting to Lakeside Hope House
Lakeside Hope House is a 5 minute walk from Guelph Central Station (the Downtown bus loop). If you have a car, we suggest that you park at the University of Guelph (free on Saturdays), and take any of the Downtown buses to Guelph Central Station including the 5 Downtown, 3A or 2B. Free parking in the Downtown area for the event will unfortunately not be provided. Information about parking Downtown Guelph can be found here and a map of the available paid parking lots can be found here. Please note: Street parking is only available in increments of 2 hours, so we do not recommend that you park on the street.