Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why are there only 100 invites available for the live event?
Under our licensing agreement with TED, this is the audience limit for our live conference room. As TED is giving away its brand for free putting a limit on the number of attendees allows them to manage compliance and quality on a global scale.
2. Can I help out?
Yes! Everyone can help by building the hype. If you’d like to contribute further:
- Contact Nia to become a coveted Partner (See details on our Partners & Sponsors page here)
- For volunteer opportunities leading up to the event and on the day of the event email us here. Please note that due to overwhelming demand volunteer positions will be given out on a first come first serve basis and there will be a cap placed on volunteer opportunities.
3. How do I know if I get a ticket to TEDxGuelphU?
All attendees will be notified via email to confirm their place at the conference.
4. Why do I have to pay to attend TEDxGuelphU?
TEDxGuelphU is a not-for-profit event. TEDxGuelphU is organized on an entirely student volunteer basis and we strive to deliver a top class TEDx event to our attendees. The ticket prices listed are to cover the costs of the event that may not be offset by sponsorship such as rentals, tech support, catering and marketing expenses.
5. What if I signed up and can no longer make it?
We’re sorry to hear that, please let us know via email so that we can extend your spot to a person on the waiting list.